Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's August and I'm Reminiscin'

Hello my dear friends welcome to the month of August! I know it's a little too late for that greeting as we're already midway towards September =)
But I'm feeling a bit nostalgic this month... so, this post is dedicated to my 'Abuela', my 'Nanay' or 'Lola'.


Remembering my 'lola' and her bakuran'; when I was a little girl, I used to play alone at my nana's backyard, being the only 'babaeng apo' or female grandchild who lives with her back then. I remembered the yellowbell trees around the yard, the hibiscus flowers I'm so fond of playing with, I used its sap mixed with soap for blowing bubbles, the flowers around like the bougainvillas are condiments to my play house's kitchen or 'bahay-bahayan'.


Walking past this small garden at the center of our community suddenly bring back those childhood memories; the sunny weather, the cool thirst quenching 'sago' drink, my nana forcing me to take siesta, I sneaking out to play and pluck her precious garden flowers, hearing her yell threats at me while doing the naughty deed. What I would give to hear her empty threats again while I play bahay bahayan within the refuge of her 'bakuran'.

Hope you have those good memories to keep you company on a nostalgic day like this...

xx
jacelyndarelam

No comments:

Post a Comment