Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Package Project - Love from South Africa

Hello my sweet friends, I am running a fever today but I want to post something for Valentine's day, and so in this post I will be sharing what I received from my Package Project 2011 partner. Last year I took part in the yearly Package Project hosted by CupcakeCouture

I was partnered with a lovely lady from Capetown, South Africa -- Carin Bevan, last December I received this wonderful package from her, filled with lots of items old, sweet and handmade.


There was a handwritten letter from her in the package sharing the background of the items and she include them in the package, I love handwritten notes and letters, so this one will be kept in my letter box...


Carin, has filled the package with different set of items, something for letter writing, filled with handmade stamps and stationeries:


There are vintage items in the package, that she handpicked herself, i love the old kodak films and most especially the embroidered centerpiece, I have been using it to grace our small dining table, it's perfect with a vase of flowers:


I love the South African items too, the small notebook, the card which I am going to frame and display on my craft table:


And the most favorite item in the package was this cute little handmade diana camera brooch Carin made just for me! My mom and Mr. Mister loves this too, I love the colour which is my favorite, reminds me of the sky and the water (my sign)...


I had so much fun opening each and every pack of items, holding my breath as I unfold, carefully revealing the handpicked gifts from Carin.

I know she also loved the items I sent her, even though I sent it really late...
she featured all the items in her blogsite: hand in her pocket

Well my sweet friends, do you have a mini project that encourages you to be creative and send handwritten notes? Send handmade love and just simply reach out to someone and get to know them despite the miles? If you do, continue doing that, for it releases a kind of joy that feeds the spirit with positivity and if you dont have yet, why not start sending hand notes to the nearest person or that special friend, or maybe join this year's Package Project?

Happy Exchange of Love this Valentine's day!

♥xo♥

Darelam

2 comments:

  1. Hi Darelam, thanks for sharing this! I especially love the photos. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your package - I had such fun putting it together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carin, thanks for everything again, I love everything in your package!

    Take care ♥xo♥

    ReplyDelete