Friday, March 18, 2011

A time for Japan...


I have never been into your arms Japan,
But across the seas that separate us, I feel your warmth and comfort.
From the view of your alleys lined up with the cherry blossom trees,
To your picturesque shores, hills and valleys.
I only get to see your beauty on TV shows and free calendars,
But time is yet to allow us to be together.

I admire you from a far my dear Japan,
Wished I could be there to breathe your air,
Swim the pools of your cozy water,
And taste the authenticity of your culture.
You inspired me to express love and sadness in Haiku,
And somehow taught me to bow when I say thank you.

Your grief may last for years Japan,
But in my mind I will only see a beauty so everlasting.
My heart grieves for you, just like a child to a weeping mother.
I yearn to hold your hand while your tears wash away your trauma.
Though the miles keep us apart, I will send you prayers,
And light a candle through your darkest hours.
Rise again Japan, rise.
For out of the storm is always the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment